Question: Mucus instead of stool

jtgcrash - Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:50 pm

I got sick a week ago and had a change in my stool to all mucus and water, with a fever and a headache. Went to the doctor and was told to drink plenty of liquids and eat a bland diet. Also for the headache take tylenol. This weekend the all mucus diarrhea started agian and there was some bright read streaks along with it. I went back to the bland diet and the symotoms and mucus have died down but no bowel movement since yesterday when the diarrhea stopped. Any advise on what this is or what can be done to cure it?
 Cynthia H, RN - Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:12 pm

"Aloe" juice can be helpful to heal the GI tract. It can be found in most drug stores and Wal-Mart. Start slowly- 4 oz once per day , then 4 oz the next day 2 times a day. Aloe juice helps to heal the GI tract.
You could have had a virus that has made your GI tract irritated and you could need to have a sigmoidoscopy- this may result in the diagnosis of a spastic colon in respose to the virus. There are medications by Rx that could help with spacisity.
Blood is not good- but could also be related to hemmorhoids and irritation of the colon from the diarrhea.

|