Question: Perpetual stomach pain!!

Shutdown - Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:40 pm

This has been going on for 5 days. I have not been to the doctor's yet, but I will plan on going soon. This is my first "attack" and I don't know what's wrong. Every second, every day, no matter what I eat or what laxative I take it doesn't really relieve the pain. It's centered on the section above my navel, and kind of moves around as if I'm hungry(but I'm not), or cramped ? Is this an ulcer? :(

Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:24 pm

User avatar Dear Shutdown,

Abdominal pain is kind of not easy to diagnose without examining the patient and listening to all the other associated symptoms.

Why did you decide that this pain is secondary to constipation and you started taking a laxative?

If your pain is around the umbilicus this could be an early sign of an inflammed appendix. So, this is somthing to put in mind if you start having severe abdominal pain in the right lower side of your abdomen.

Shutdown - Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:42 am

Well, people I was talking to said it could be anything, included stress, but suggested that I try some antiacids to soothe the discomfort. It didn't really help. I'm not feeling nausea or a fever, either. I guess I should have been a bit more specific, the pains I feel is centralized further above my navel and a few notches below my chest, not in the lower right or left side.

Thanks for the info!
 maiden75 - Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:43 pm

I have the same thing it's like a gnawing burning pain between your navel and lower chest area? My dr prescribed Nexium and it worked really well. I have been getting the pain again lately so I may have to get back on the Nexium...does it seem to happen when your belly is empty and maybe a couple of hours after eating?

|