News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: abdominal pain and back pain

sonysick - Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:12 am

Dear sir,
Before one year i got a fever with eyes pain and headache.My illness started at that time.after 2 weeks vomitings and fever and muscle pains started.I have all the blood tests,CT scan for sinus,CT scan for chest,CT scan for stomach,MRI scan for brain.All the tests are normal.I have done endoscopy and ultrasound scan also.These tests are also normal.From the past one year iam suffering from eyes pain and headache.Till now my problem didn't solved.now suddenly from the past one month iam suffering from abdominal pain,slight pain in chest and lower side back pain ,bitter taste in mouth and burning throat,nausea in the morning,muscle aches.Iam feeling very tired.
can u tell me wat is my actual problem.

I look forward to your response
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:10 pm

User avatar Hi sonysick,
Many conditions may cause gastrointestinal symptoms. For example,Gerd may cause irritation, heartburn, reflux, chest pain and a generally uncomfortable feeling. A dysfunctional gallbladder would also cause stomach upset, chest pain, upper abdominal and back pain with symptoms typically worsening after a fatty meal. It would be impossible to determine the actual causative factors of your symptoms without an evaluation by a physician. Some diagnostic studies, such as a HIDA scan to evaluate gallbladder dysfunction, and lab work to identify if any abnormalities are present would be suggested.
Best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here