News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: sorry but i need advice

tulip18 - Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:13 pm

For the past month ive been sick on and off. as ive said i have had blood in my bowel movements but no pain until two days ago. I started to get pain above my belly button and now all over the upper abdomen, i have chest pain to which stings im not sure if its heart burn or what. I have had the camera put down into my stomach a few weeks ago and it all came back negative but im scared the tube may have hurt me. i have expereinced alot of burping and today i had the hic ups 3 times after not having them for a long time. I also have a little pain when i eat. Could this be from stress? i don't really feel stressed out but i do stress about my health sometimes. if i get sick it ussually makes me stressed out. when i push on my upper abdomen it is painful. i want to go to a doctor but its hard for me since im in germany which is not my home country. i am really out of shape and i went running three days ago if that could have caused the pain.
i don't know what exactly to ask a doctor to do....
please help
ur truly
tulip
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:11 pm

User avatar Dear Tulip28:
It is not unusual for there to be burping and hiccuping after having an endoscope put down into the stomach for an exam. At that time air is often trapped during the exam and afterward you would burp to expel it. It is the same with a bowel exam except the air comes out the other end :wink: The trapped air can be uncomfortable and cause you to have mild pain in the upper and mid abdominal area. You should feel some relief when expelling the air. Of course, when you add stress about whats going on in your body to the equation, then everything intensifies. Try to remain calm, eat small amounts more frequently until your tummy feels better and avoid consuming anything that might increase the amount of trapped air such as soda pop. Give it a few more days and I bet you feel better.
Regards,
Carolyn

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here