Question: Rectal Bleeding

Rage190 - Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:08 am

I have been experiencing blood during my BM's. The blood is always a very bright shade of red and there is no pain before or after the BM. This happens with me very seldomly, it will occur and perhaps last for a couple of days, and I may not see anything for a couple months or more. I useually almost forget that it happens until it happens again. What I am asking is what do you think it is, and what should I seek out. Is this something common for a healthy 20yo male to be experienceing. Is there a real severity to the problem that I should be worried about?

One more thing, my g/f and I have recently started to experiment with anal sex, she is wanting to try some things with myself being the subject. Should I put these activites on hold until I know more about what is going on with me?

Thank you so much for this I can't wait for your response.
 Rage190 - Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:29 pm

I am also noticeing a slight disconfort when it accurs after the bm has happend. sorry I didn't mention this before
 Dr. Russell M - Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:15 pm

User avatar Hi!

You will need a rectal examination by a doctor to rule out hemorrhoids or fissures as cause for your bleed, among other causes. Are you constipated? It would be difficult to opine on sexual practices until the cause is known.

bill
 serenity22 - Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:52 am

:wink:

Hi!

I can tell you one things AVOID anal sex. It is very painful and can cause you all kinds of problems in the future. I would guess it is probably the cause of your bleeding right now. It is very easy to puncture the colon. DO NOT have anal sex. I would suggest a colonoscopy to see if your colon has bee punctured or torn. You can die from a punctured colon, it is nothing to fool around with.

|