News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Update-Now voice gone, difficult swallowing, neck sore-Help!

wreckabec - Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:58 pm

Update from yesterday's post...do I need to go to ER? Was strangled, sort of, never lost consciousness. Breathing feels "tight". Difficulty swallowing. Neck is sore (probably bruised). These were all "delayed" symptoms after the incident. Now, today (1.5 days later) my voice is going. Could all of this be from an injury to my neck, larynx, trachea or something along those lines? Do I need to see someone? Please help!
 Dr. Russell M - Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:56 pm

User avatar Hi!

If not at the ER, a check-up with your doctor could help exclude major injuries and get meds to releive the pain and inflammation.

bill
 wreckabec - Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:31 pm

Thanks Bill. Unfortunately my health insurance has lapsed and my new policy doesn't kick in until the middle of next month. Is this something that must be treated, or will it go away on it's own?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here