Question: peritonitis?

lisap - Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:28 pm

i have pain in my upper abdomen above my belly button. IT came on a few days ago. when i push on my upper abdomen it hurts and on the right side towards my belly button it is kind of hard. I have been burping like crazy, and have chest pain... im pretty scared... im a bit of a worry wart... im really scared that is something serious... i am also constipated but am taking stool softeners to help and i also have pain in my lower left side.... its not severe but when i walk around or run it gets worse... please help thank you...
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:51 pm

User avatar Dear Lisap,

Peritonitis is a very severe condition. You would be very ill if you had peritonitis. If you don't have a fever, your appetite is good, there is no need to worry.

Abdominal pain is a condition that requires the patient to have a physical examination for proper diagnosis. Reason being the presence of many organs in the abdomen and the abdominal pain is the same in its characteristics in many instances.

If your abdominal pain is getting worse, i would recommend that you see your doctor for further advice.

|