News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: under right rib

star_light294 - Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:50 pm

i have been having pain under right rib for years and if i get stressed my tummy goes crazy and i strt dry heaving...i do sit at the computer forhours and my hubby reckons i squash my tummy or intestines...is that possible?....ive been having a lot of dry wind that seems to get caught under my right rib....well yesterday i found out that in 1985 when i had twins there was no screening for hepc now im scared ...how do i know i never contracted that...i cant take meds for it as ihave a thyroid condition....what are my chances and do my symptoms fit this criteria...i pray not
star
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:15 am

User avatar Hi star_light294,
I don't think you are squashing your tummy or intestines. Were you exposed to Hepatitis C when you had your children, for example, did you have a blood transfusion? If you did and are showing any signs or symptoms of hep-c make an appointment with your family doctor to discuss these concerns. The CDC has an informative website for hepatitis.
http://www.cdc.gov/ If you weren't exposed to it, then I would suggest that you may want to have your gallbladder checked out especially if certain foods make the pain on your right side worse. Alleviate your concerns and make an appointment with your family doctor.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here