News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Burning in stomach

maiden75 - Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:57 pm

About 4 months ago I started having a painful burning between my navel and chest usually while eating and on and off for hours afterwards. I have to burp and sometimes feel like its a "nervous feeling" in my stomach. I went to the doctor and was presribed Nexium, which worked well. I had a couple of episodes while on Nexium and had an Upper GI done which was normal. My doctor did say they saw a few polyps, but she wasn't concerned at all. My doctor had me stop taking the Nexium and only take it as needed. Well, for the last 2 months I felt no pain and now it has come back again. I do not take any ibuprofen or any of those pills that cause stomach bleeding. She really gave me no diagnosis, just to take the pills as needed. What could be the cause of the pain and should I worry about the polyps?
 DeLWolcott - Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:31 am

Polyps are common in the general population, so do not worry yourself too much over that if your physician has done the appropriate testing and evaluating. Acid reflux and associated stomach pain comes and goes. Your stomach secretes different amounts of acid constantly. Continue your Nexium as directed by your physician. You may also consider discussing medication that you can take regularly to keep stomach acid at bay and not have to wait the couple of days for relief by doing the on-again/off-again method.

Good luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here