News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Constant nauseousness

Calla Lily - Sun May 11, 2008 2:16 am

For almost a week now, I've had a constant low-level nauseousness with a low-level headache all day and night. I haven't thrown up yet, there's no abdominal pain, and everything else is normal. I'm eating some, but less than normal because I'm just feeling full all the time (which can be a good thing, I suppose), and I'm voiding fine.

I'm a little stressed out because I just started taking college classes again (online), and I'm concerned about how well I'll do, but nothing else has really changed in my life in the past couple of weeks. I'm diagnosed with schizo-affective disorder and am on meds for that and for T2 diabetes (just tablets, not insulin).

I have been wheezing a lot lately and have found myself out of breath a lot. I thought maybe it's because of my weight (about 380), although I've been around this weight for over a year and I haven't been out of breath or wheezy like this before without some exertion. Or maybe from allergies, although I haven't had any allergy attacks in the past five years. It just feels like that, I have to cough up a little mucus to make the wheezing go away. When I go to bed, sometimes it's hard to breathe even when I'm on an incline, so I sleep sitting up (I have an adjustable bed).

My main question is that I'm wondering where the nausea and headache are coming from. They make me kind of grouchy :)
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:41 pm

User avatar Hello -

There are several related possibilities that come to mind, and they all involve excess stomach acid. You could be suffering from a mild gastritis or you could already have a peptic ulcer. People are always surprised to learn that these related conditions often present mostly with nausea and headache as well, of course, as varying degrees of stomach pain (which is often absent as well).

Of course this is only a guess on my part. You'll need to be evaluated by an MD to determine what, if anything, is going on, but there is a good chance this is the cause. The stress you describe would certainly help aggravate it.

Your wheezing, by the way, is likely asthma caused by espophageal reflux, and you could probably get that taken care of at the same time you find out what's going on in your stomach. I hope you'll have both looked into shortly.

Good luck to you and please do stay in touch.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here