Question: painful bowel movements after episiotomy

Teena - Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:33 pm

I am not sure if having painful bowel movements 3 weeks after the delivery of my son is normal. I had an episiotomy and was not told how long this pain would last for.. or even if it is normal. is it?
 Dr. Russell M - Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:22 am

User avatar Hi!

One is not expected to have painful bowel movements weeks after delivery. Were you given laxatives after delivery? Did you contact your nurse number to seek advice?

bill
 Teena - Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:11 pm

Well i went to my doctor and he did an examination, it turns out he couldnt' even get his finger in there because it was so swollen. He gave me a perscription for capsules that you insert anally and they seem to be working very well

thank you for your time in messaging me back, it is appreciated

|