News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: swollen stomach

anit - Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:05 am

How do you know if your stomach is swollen or just getting fatter. the lower part of my abdomen is bulging out and im not sure if its from eating or if its swollen. what causes a swollen stomach?
 Dr. Russell M - Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:57 am

User avatar Hi!

A swollen abdomen has many causes, and this link could give you further information on the topic.

bill
 anit - Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:38 am

It helped a little bit thank you. I am eating more fruit. this morning i had half a cantolope and 3 glasses of water and a bowel of cereal. could this have caused the swelling? its now night time and i still have it. I also excersised alot last night after not excersising in a while. Im eating more each day trying to gain weight and help myself go to the bathroom because im having difficulties going. when running i had pain in my lower left side and today the pain is still there its only aggravated if i move a certain way or laugh. Do ulcers cause swelling?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here