News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Fleet colonoscopy prep and E-Lyte

countrygirl - Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:40 pm

I am having colonoscopy next week and have read that during the prep with fleet ( sodium phosphate) it is advisable to drink an electolyte solution E-Lyte.

I cannot find any advice on how much E-Lyte or any other electrolyte solution I should drink during the prep with fleet. All information states that tolerance of prep with fleet and incidence of electrolyte imbalance is greatly improved if you also drink a carbohydrate electolyte solution but nowhere does it say how much of the solution.

The colonoscopy unit of my hospital in UK cannot help.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:15 pm

User avatar Hello,
I would have to advise you to do whatever prep your doctor prescribes and nothing more. Different formulations are available to do the job but you should not experiment on your own. If you have questions about this, it should be directed to the doctor who will do the procedure. I'm sorry I cannot be more help but I do believe in following doctor's orders to the letter when it comes to such things as it would be a shame to be denied the procedure because you took something he/she did not want you to have.

Good luck with the procedure. The prep is the only hard part about it.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here