News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Stomach trouble

cnrmad - Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:22 pm

:cry:

I have had pain from under my ribcage to my bladder. The pain will come in for a bit and then go. Sometimes I will feel as if I need to vomit but then it goes away. I felt the pain today and took some pepcid ac. Later I went to the bathroom and the result of the solid was colored black? Is this just a stomach flu or is ther more wrong?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:05 pm

User avatar Hello cnrmad,
Was your stools deep black (tarry) and did it have an obvious offensive smell to it? Was your pain alleviated by pepcid? How frequently does this pain recurr and is it related to your meals? stress? Have you been diagnosed with peptic problems before. I read your profile and it says you drink a lot of soda drinks?

I think you should be evaluated as quickly as possible to exclude a bleeding peptic ulcer.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here