Question: Stomach trouble

cnrmad - Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:22 pm

:cry:

I have had pain from under my ribcage to my bladder. The pain will come in for a bit and then go. Sometimes I will feel as if I need to vomit but then it goes away. I felt the pain today and took some pepcid ac. Later I went to the bathroom and the result of the solid was colored black? Is this just a stomach flu or is ther more wrong?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:05 pm

User avatar Hello cnrmad,
Was your stools deep black (tarry) and did it have an obvious offensive smell to it? Was your pain alleviated by pepcid? How frequently does this pain recurr and is it related to your meals? stress? Have you been diagnosed with peptic problems before. I read your profile and it says you drink a lot of soda drinks?

I think you should be evaluated as quickly as possible to exclude a bleeding peptic ulcer.

|