News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: anorexia...

courage - Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:18 pm

hi,

I am anorexic. I am constantly dizzy and feel like i am going to faint. i am eating and drinking more and i don't feel well at all. what is wrong?
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:07 am

User avatar Hello:
You stated you are "constantly" dizzy. By constantly, do you mean it never stops or that it has been occuring at times over a long period of time. Malnutrition and/or dehydration certainly can cause one to feel faint and if that has been occuring for an extended period then eating and drinking for a few days will not be enough time to correct the problem. Are you being treated for your anorexia? Are you bulemic also? If you are not under the care of a physician who specializes with anorexia then you need to get to one as soon as possible. Continuing to deprive your body of the nutrients you need can only lead to one outcome. There are great therapist out there who can help treat you for anorexia. You do not have to gain a lot of weight in order to provide the right nutrients to keep you healthy but you do have to eat balanced meals with the right amount of protein, carbohydrates and fats. When your body does not get these from the foods you eat then it will take it first from your stores of fat then from muscle tissue which includes your organs. In other words the body starts eating itself for the food it needs. Before you allow that to happen you need to get treatment. Please let me know how things go for you. I do care.
Best of health to you,
Carolyn
 courage - Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:34 pm

Carolyn,

Thanks for replying. I am dizzy off and on, but it feels constant. Yes I do see a doc that specializes in eds. I am starting with a new therapist on thursday although she doesn't specialize in eds. I have a problem because I have just been deamed uninsurable. So I have no insurance coverage and now have to apply for medicaid. I am seeing an intern therapist at the school I go to.

My doc is pretty up to date on things. I just don't want to be hospitalized again, so I don't dare ask her these questions.

Thanks again,
courage

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here