Question: lower abdominal pain vomiting and diaherria

michellem1974 - Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:03 pm

im 34yrs old since 2001 id get sick with lower abdominal pain with vomiting and diaherria and i would get it maybe once or twice a yr lasting 1 to 2 days in the past year starting summer of 2007 it has gotten a lot worse starting with evey other month lasting 4 to 6 days went to the er did testing cat scans ultra sounds pelvic exams blood test nothing january of 08 it got worse i thought it had to do with my period so i saw a obgyn so she put me on the pill thinking its cramps it made it worse it was every month and lasting 8 to 10 days so i went to go see a gi and he did nothing for me i have low potassium and high with blood cell count i am currently seeking a new gi for a colonoscopy and a gastoroscopy
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:15 am

It sounds as though you are either sensitive to some food component or possibly have a chronic, recurrent virus. Do you run a fever during these episodes? Do you still have your gallbladder? This could be following a progressive cholecystitis (inflamed gallbladder) which tends to become more frequent and more unpleasant with time (and the episodes often -- but not always -- follow ingestion of a fatty meal). A cholecystogram would definitely be helpful to rule in or out involvement of the gallbladder, which, if it is the culprit, could be easily removed and put and end to these episodes.

Hope this is helpful. Please let us know how things go. Best of luck to you.

|