Question: lower left stomach pain accompanied by random pain...

Gomer3d - Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:35 pm

Hello, i've been having problems with my health as of the past 3 months. My latest problem has to do with my diegestive system. After eating and most of the day i've been feeling bloated. At times I have a slight burning sensation around my chest stomach area and i've had frequent burping. The main source of pain is a slight pinching pain around my lower left stomach/pelvis. Also, this is accompanied by tenderness of the short ribs and occasional dull pinching pain under my ribs. The doctor had given me prilosec originally and told me to take it for 5 days to see if it helps. There was no change in my bloatedness, that seems to keep my stomach feeling tight. Not sure if these other symptoms are interlinked but I have been experiencing dry eye, semi dry mouth and sinuses with some occasional headaches. If anybody can shine some light on what might be afflicting me it would most certainly point me in my next direction to proceed with my doctor.

Oh yeah and just about a year previously I was having similar pains without the dry eyes and mouth, but more intense around the stomach ribs and back. The doctor had me get a CT of my stomach and galbladder but it came back as normal.
I dealt with the pain for a about 4 months and then lost some weight and the pain subsided. The symptoms started up again recently after the onset of having fatigue, what doctors told me was anxiety, and sinus/ear infections which i was given antibiotics 3 times in a month or so. I also now have been told I possibly have allergies with my eye and mouth and sinus symptoms but i never had trouble with these before. Any help would be appreciated, I've been a mess. LOL. God bless you all.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:26 am

User avatar Hi there -

A couple of guesses regarding the GI complaints, as I can't imagine off hand how the dry eyes/sinus problems could be related to that. One, the symptoms you describe could conceivably be anxiety-related, but the possible physical causes must first be ruled out (or in). Among those could be something as simple and yet obscure as celiac disease (gluten intolerance), which can be detected by blood test. The symptoms are not inconsistent with celiac disease, mainly the bloating and gas problems. It's certainly worth the trouble to find out.

Diffuse GI problems can sometimes be caused by inflammatory diseases (Chron's disease, ulcerative colitis, etc.), but your symptoms don't seem to match those very well. I'd be interested to learn if you might have celiac disease and if that is ruled out then possibly it is psychosomatic in nature and could be treated symptomatically.

It's very difficult sometimes to make a good guess at a distance. This is one of those instances. The first thing that comes to mind is the celiac rule-out.

Best of luck to you. Please follow up with as as needed.

|