Question: another anorexia question

courage - Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:35 pm

How long can I fast (I drink gatorade) without having physical symptoms? How likely is death? I am 5'9" and 112 lbs. I plan to get to 95 lbs.
 kelizabeth4 - Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:02 pm

I am 5'9" and weigh 120. I feel the healthiest and happiest ever because I'm not trying to kill myself slowly anymore. Anorexia is a mental disorder that causes your body to deteriorate one day at a time. It may be several months before death becomes apparent, but you will be unhappy, unhealthy, and overcome. Now is the time to get help so that this illness does not become a tragedy.
 esikes@inetw2.com - Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:16 am

:cry: Can someone help me? My niece is a bulemic. She lives with me. She binge eats every day, throws up about 3 times a day, and is constantly weighing herself. I need to get her some help but I am unsure of what help to get her?( medical dr, or psychologist....) I would appreciate any information you can give me. I love her dearly and want to get her help.
 nikkin - Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:59 pm

I used to be bulemic when i was 8-11 I weighed 95 lbs., My parents threatened me me to eat they told me that if i didnt they would send me to a clinic and have them stick IV's in me and pump food through my vains. It scared me to death. i didn't want to be in a clinic the rest of my life hooked up on IV's so I slowly began to eat more. My parents would take me out to eat more often because I was able to eat now. Then I just forgot about trying to starve myself that I began eating normal. today I'm 15 and still skinny, I'm unable to gain weight anymore. I weight 107. I'm fine with myself, but I regret what I did because I am so boney now! please tell her my storie maybe it will encurage her to stop while she still has time!
 DaveT - Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:30 pm

You cannot possibly expect to get help on how you can continue to be annorexic from doctors. No competant doctor would ever encourage you to continue starving yourself and feeding your mental illness.

You are sick. Get help now. You WILL die from this disease.
 Roxie - Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:34 pm

I am 17 years old, about 5'3" and wiegh 85 pounds. I have both anorexia and bulemia which i developed in the past year, i went from about 105 pounds down to 85 in a matter of months. My parents have no idea that i have either of these problems and I don't want them to know. They encourage me to eat, and i have been doing well but that has led to binge eating and then throwing up at a maximum of twice a day. I have been trying to stop but it's an addiction, so to speak, that i don't seem to be able to get rid of. I love being skinny, and think i look fine, but the way i look now is horrifying to others apparently, others constantly talk behind my back and i can't stand it, i'd rather they say it to me directly. But in all of this i have people who care about me dearly and want me to gain weight. As i said before i like being skinny, it is personally satisfying to know that i can afford to eat a mcdonalds hamburger without gaining anything, but i know it's dangerous. At my worst point i felt so sick i would just lay down and take uncharacteristicly long naps, i had dark circles under my eyes. i finnaly scared myself to eat a little more andn not be so freaked by doing it. i just don't know how to get rid of these disorders and still be satisfyingly thin. Mentally it is excruciating to eat some things in which i know there are large amounts of fat, i become stressed out and panic that i have to eat it and quickly go throw it up. It's a vicious cycle. I want it to stop but i am afraid of gaining weight.

|