News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: upper stomach pain

kelizabeth4 - Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:34 pm

Right below my sternum is hurting. It's not like constipation or cramping. It's like a sharp, constant pain in the whole area. I've tried eating different things and it isn't getting better. It hurts to push on it too. Please respond if you have any ideas. Thanks!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:20 am

User avatar Hi kelizabeth4,
The first thing that comes to mind when I hear pain in the upper stomach area (especially if its located more on the right side) is gallbaldder disfunction. Have you noticed any increase in pain with eating certain foods that contain a lot of fat or grease? I would suggest that you make an appointment with your doctor to rule out any gallbladder disfunction as well as any other problems.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here