News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: IBS, Diverticulitis, Gallstones, Yellow stool

andreax - Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:35 pm

4 weeks ago I was diagnosed with kidney stones in the er, after a ct scan of my stomach.

next day noticed pain across my shoulders, and some muscle weakness, esp. on right side.

since then I believe I have passed the kidney stones.

but still having a dull pain in lower left abdomin sometimes radiating to the right side, 1-2 out of 10 on pain threshold. and pain in my right shoulder sometimes radiating to the left shoulder, new symptom,
muscle twitches on both sides lower stomach.

Went thru a spell where I was having yellow stool and yellow diarrhea.

Everything I have read about gallstones, says you should have pain in your upper right stomach near ribs, if you have gallstones.

recently had check for hiv, hep b/c, liver function, stomach palpatation.

Now I have to wait 5 weeks before seeing a gastro dr.

Does anyone have any ideas.

God bless, andreax
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:50 pm

User avatar Hello -

While kidney stones and gall stones have no intrinsic connection, and given that it would be a remarkable coincidence to have one followed by the other, it certainly is far from impossible. What you describe now does sound as though it could be a gallbladder problem, and not everyone develops the classic upper right quadrant (URQ) colicky pain. Some have vague symptoms, including poorly localized pain such as you describe, along with occasional nausea, yellowish stools, and sometimes also chills and/or shakes. Given that most other liver-related problems have been recently ruled out, it seems entirely possible that you are suffering from cholecystitis (inflamed gallbladder, with or without stones). It's a shame you have to wait so long for your appointment, but in the meantime avoid fatty foods, as they will invariably aggravate the problem if that's what it is.

I hope this is helpful. Best of luck to you, and please do follow up with us once you've been seen.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here