Question: Lower left abdomen pain

Mit3sx - Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:32 pm

I've had this kind of pain for several weeks already, it is on my lower left abdomen a little bit below my belly bottom. The symptons are weird, it feels like there are boubbles inside, and I can see the affected area jump everytime it happens. It almost seems like when a muscle is so fatigued that it starts jumping/shaking. It does not hurt a lot, it kind of burns slightly insde but it is really uncomfortable...any idea on what it can be?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:38 am

There are so many possible causes of this complaint (most of them benign) that the best advice I can offer you is to see your primary care physician and, if necessary, be referred to a gastroenterologist. If the problem has lasted this long it shouldn't be allowed to continue, even though it is probably not serious. Potential causes could be anything from the muscular explanation you suggest to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) to one of a variety of inflammatory intestinal disorders. It would be remiss of me to attempt to guess with so little information. I'd advise seeing a doctor promptly, as this may well be something that can be treated very simply.

Best of luck to you. Please let us know what you find out.

|