Question: lower abdominal pain

deepeshmoad - Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:27 am

Hello doctor.I have been experiencing lower left abdominal pain since 3 months.It usually migrates.Also having constipation and formation of gas is also there.
Stool also smells very foul.Color of stool varies that is sometimes it is dark brown ,sometimes it is normal and even black sometimes.Yesterday i had seen light red color on surface of my stool and today i saw very little blood inside my stool.I have been taking lots of tablets since then like rabium-d sr,gas relieving tablets.
Please help me doctor i am so worried and tensed.Waiting for your reply
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:39 pm

While th cause of your symptoms could be celiac disease (intolerace of gluten in foods), the fact there is both black stool and frankly bloody stool at times, as well as the lower bowel pain, it is essential you be referred for colonoscopy to find out what is causing the bleeding (the black stool is usually indicative of blood, and you seem to have seen frank blood as well). This could be something moderately serious, such as an inflammatory condition that could be treated with medication, or it could be something more serious such as a growth in the bowel. It's very important this is diagnosed and treatment started as early as possible in any case.

Please follow up with us as needed and keep us updated as to what develops. Best of luck to you.

|