News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: lower abdominal pain

deepeshmoad - Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:27 am

Hello doctor.I have been experiencing lower left abdominal pain since 3 months.It usually migrates.Also having constipation and formation of gas is also there.
Stool also smells very foul.Color of stool varies that is sometimes it is dark brown ,sometimes it is normal and even black sometimes.Yesterday i had seen light red color on surface of my stool and today i saw very little blood inside my stool.I have been taking lots of tablets since then like rabium-d sr,gas relieving tablets.
Please help me doctor i am so worried and tensed.Waiting for your reply
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:39 pm

User avatar Hello -

While th cause of your symptoms could be celiac disease (intolerace of gluten in foods), the fact there is both black stool and frankly bloody stool at times, as well as the lower bowel pain, it is essential you be referred for colonoscopy to find out what is causing the bleeding (the black stool is usually indicative of blood, and you seem to have seen frank blood as well). This could be something moderately serious, such as an inflammatory condition that could be treated with medication, or it could be something more serious such as a growth in the bowel. It's very important this is diagnosed and treatment started as early as possible in any case.

Please follow up with us as needed and keep us updated as to what develops. Best of luck to you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here