Question: severe chest and stomach pain

jeffomadden - Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:18 pm

I`m 44 years old and in great shape. every 4-5 weeks I get severe pain in my chest and stomach area, really painful and it last about 12- 36 hours. I have been to the ER twice and both times they have tested me for a heart attack even though I have told them my heart is fine. My GI doc has given me an endoscopy and a colonoscopy as well as a complete ct scan of my mid section. the ct scan was not done durring one of these epesodes. all test came back negative and nothing seems to be wrong. this past sunday I had the longest and most painful epesode yet. it felt like my heart was gonna blow up but i did`nt go to the hospital because of the fact that they would give me the same tests as before. I called my doc today but got his voice mail. I askes him if it could be pancreaitus or something like that. all the pain is on the left side and it will radiate through to my back near the shoulder blade and also on the side under my armpit. I have like 4 weeks before the next epesode, hope you can help
thanks
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:11 pm

Since you've had an endoscopy that was negative this rules out the first most obvious thing, periodic gastritis, and leave the next possibility, pancreatitis, wanting to be ruled out as well. Since this could be dependent on common duct spasm or blockage, accounting for the periodic episodes.

This is my best guess as of right now. I'd ask that pancreatitis be ruled out, prefereably during an episode. Please follow up with us as needed. Good luck to you.

|