Question: stomach pain

lolly - Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:52 am

Ihave been having pain around my belly button and to the right of it, also my glands in my neck and under arms are a little swollen.I have pain in my groin and the back of my knees. my doc has run lots of blood tests but they have all come back fine please help
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:27 am

User avatar Lolly,
Although it is highly unlikely that your previous Hodgkin's disease should return in this manner some 8 years later, however, the possibility should be explored miticulously. Please state the tests performed by your doctor that turned out negative.

lolly - Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:01 pm

the only test the doctor has done are ESR and full blood count, they also did a ultra sound on my ovaries as i am now in the menapause the only thing that came back was that the creatine level was 99 not 96 but they said that was nothing to worried about and but me on pills for irratiable bowel
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:14 pm

User avatar A few questions: Do you have a fever? Did you experience loss of weight recently or exessive sweating? How large are these lymph nodes on the average. How long have they been there? Are they increasing in size?

You said your doctor performed a lot of tests.. Was there anything else he performed?

Sorry for the large number of questions but I am trying to get a better picture of your situation.

lolly - Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:52 pm

the doctor did 3 urine test 1 for pregnance 2 for infection 3 for diabetes a swab for a virganal infection.my glands in my neck and under my arms have never come up before or since the hodgkins they are not very big but could that have something to do with the radoitherapy also they remove one in a biopsy.i do have cold sweats in the night and often wake up 2 to 3 times a night.no i have not noticed any weightloss.I really don't think it's anything to do with the hodgkins but the fact that the tests have all come back negative (i get the impression my doctor thinks i am making it up ) I just want to find out what's wrong and better .thank you very much for trying tp help
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:30 pm

User avatar Yes it probably hasn't got anything to do with your Hodgkin's but still this needs confirmation due to the seriuosness of the disease. You say that they removed one for biopsy. When was this? What were the results?

Thanks.
 lolly - Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:24 pm

sorry to be confusing the biopsy was from the very first time i was diagnosed with hodgkins .I know i may be grasping at straws hear as i know nothing about it, but my sister has afriend with lupus and she said the symtoms are simillar to those i have is this true (i just want to find what's wrong with me) any suggestion would be helpfull many thanks
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:09 pm

User avatar Actually there are many causes that lead to generalized lymph gland enlargement. Have a look at our lymphadenopathy page for a comprehensive list.

|