Question: Heart Burn?

eeyore girl - Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:22 am

I have had trouble the last few days with burning in my chest. Let me start out by saying though that the only thing that changed in this time is I did start a diet. Nothing extreme, just cutting back on food, counting calories, but since then I have noticed that once in a while it feels like my throat is tightening. Almost in a spasm, and then it burns all the way down to my chest. Not extremely painful, but more uncomfortable than anything. I can make it go away by just coughing. Also I noticed that taking a drink of water helps sometimes, other times when I take a drink it will be a sharper pain in the middle of my chest, and then it is also gone.I have been belching a lot more than normal too. It is also, for the last day painful to drink anything. Not when I eat, but just when I drink something it burns down to my stomach. As soon as it is down though, it is fine again.

I have noticed that it happens more frequently at work, but I wouldn't know why that would be. I work overnights, and that is when they are scrubbing and using the burners on the floors, so a lot of dust is flying around, and I am very allergic to dust, so I don't know if that would have something to do with it or not. I have also worked there for two years in January though, so I would think it would have happened before now if that was it.

All in all, it is more annoying than anything. I thought maybe acid reflux, with the burning, but I'm not at all sure, after i looked that up. Any help would be appreciated.
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:47 am

User avatar Hi!

It sure seems like GERD/reflux. Did you visit your doctor?

bill

|