Question: Pulsating feeling in stomach, mucus, rumbling and gas

kweeny123 - Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:44 am

Hi I have a bit of a embarrasing question to ask.

Lately, I have been feeling quite gassy, I noticed that my back started hurting, my stomach felt bloated and I have vaginal mucus discharge and in my rectum. I also notice this strange rumbing feeling in my stomach in different areas and there is this annoying pulsating feeling near the upper side of my stomach.

I have been paranoid the last few months that I may be pregnant. approx 4 months ago was my last sexual encounter and I was stupid enough not to use protection however my partner did not ejaculate within me. I had my period for 2 months after that however on the 3rd month, I missed a period and finally got my period 2 weeks ago. I went to the doctor, had numerous pregnancy tests and one blood test which all came out negative. I still feel unassured about the situation and when reading what other people say on the internet they say these symptoms of gas etc could be because of possible pregnancy.

Is there any remote chance I could be? or is this related to some other stomach condition, I have also been feeling nauseous but I thought it could be due to the diabex XR which I take for PCOS, I also know that missed period is common for ppl suffering PCOS however this has never happened to me before.

Thank you.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:10 pm

While there is always some small statistical chance of being pregnant, it would seem that's been pretty certainly ruled out. Put that alongside the fact that your symptoms certainly don't seem gynecologically-related and it seems even more unlikley. Not impossible, but unlikely.

Meanwhile, you do sounds like you have a gastrointestinal problem of some sort, and it could be as simple as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or as obscure as celiac disease (which can cause symtpoms similar to what you describe, but is caused by gluten intolerence, a dietary issue). Since it would seem you've been somewhat concerned about a possible unwanted or at least unplanned pregnancy then IBS is a possibility since it is often aggravated or initiated by emotional stress. If the problem continues there are ways of treating your symptoms, but you should be examined and have both IBS and celiac disease ruled in/out, as well as anything more serious which might be causing the symptoms. I'd put my money on IBS first, celiac disease second, but there's only one way to be certain and that is to have the appropriate workup and see what, if anything, is going on. Again, pregnancy seems like a pretty distant likelihood.

I hope this is helpful. Best of luck to you.

|