News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Nausea and constipation

zoonotes - Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:58 pm

I've experienced heavy nausea lasting several hours over the past few days accompanied by constipation, increased gas pain, and flushing in my cheeks and warmth of my face. I've induced vomiting three times to curb the nausea. I also have increased muscle soreness and pain in the back and shoulders.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:23 pm

User avatar Hello,
According to the information you provide, I can think of many factors that may be either causing or augmenting your symptoms. IBS alone can cause constipation and nausea or stomach upset especially during periods of stress. Many of the medications you are receiving right now can cause either nausea or nausea and constipation.

Psychological or mental stress may cause or aggravate these symptoms.

Other causes of constipation include:
- Inadequate fluid intake
- A low-fiber diet
- Inadequate physical activity
While nausea can be due to gastritis and gall bladder diseases.

In general it is advisable to take plenty of fluid, exercises regularly and increase fiber containing diet.

I would advise you to follow up with your doctor for direct clinical examination to exclude other causes he may recommend stool analysis and US abdomen to exclude infections or gall bladder disease. A thorough history and direct clinical examination are essential to reach the proper diagnosis.

Please keep us updated.
Best regards.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here