News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Very Bad Smelling stools from more than two years

obsessedwithhealth - Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:52 pm

Hello i am having a intolerable bad smelling stools from past two years along with very frequent diahherea like inconsistent stools though i left it untreated when i googled about it recently i was feared to see various serious medical conditions associated with it i am normal in weight 6.0 feet 65kgs....

I had a regular stomach pains 7 years ago for 2years now stomach pain has not returned from past 5 years but very very bad smelling stool is dozing me off any idea what it could be?

Many Thanks
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:55 pm

User avatar Hello --

You need to be tested for possible celiac disease, an intolerance for gluten in the diet. One of the cardinal symptoms of this is foul-smelling stool, along with diarrhea, greasy-looking or fatty stool, bloating and vague general abdominal discomfort. This would all seem to fit with your complaint, and while there is no cure, it can be managed very well by diet changes alone.

I hope this is helpful to you. Good luck with this and please follow up with us as needed.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here