Question: Pain in upper abdomen

Kazzy - Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:26 am

This evening just before dinner i got a sharp pain in my upper abdomen (above my belly button, just below my ribs). I figured that it was just indegestion or something so wasn't worried. It eased off within a few minutes.

After eating my dinner (which was the same size meal i always eat) I felt very full and bloated even though i hadn't eaten alot and the pain was worse. After a few minutes the pain got worse still to the point i had to lay down and moving hurt ALOT. It eased off to where i could move more but hasn't gone away. If i sit still or lay down it doesn't feel too bad but when i stand up it really hurts and the pain feels like it's going through my back also. It's been 2 1/2 hrs since i ate.

Is this just indegestion or something else? I've had indegestion before but never this bad and it's never usually lasted this long.

Do you have any tips on releiving the pain?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kazzy
 kimbervillas - Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:45 pm

is it straight in the middle? or is it off to one side?

Reading your post, my first thought was gallbladder. Id call and make an apt to see your doc.

Good luck :)

Kim
 Kazzy - Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:32 pm

The pain has gone now but was right in the middle and got worse after my post to the point where i could barely stand up. I ended up having to lay still as it hurt really bad when i moved.

The pain lasted about 4hrs and was ALOT worse when i tried to stand, hurting in the middle of my upper abdomen and across my back (about same hight as pain in stomach but the back pain wasn't centered it was on the sides of my back)

After the pain started to ease off i was left feeling sick.

As i said my first thought was indegestion but i've never had it that bad and it's never lasted that long.

Kazzy

|