News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: constantly sick

anit - Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:30 am

for the past few months i have been constantly sick... wether it be abdominal pain or a cold. i have stomach pains almost everyday. i have had multiple colds and the flu and i ussually have a sore throat with white patches in my mouth. i don't have my tonsils anymore i got them taken out last year. ive noticed that since they have been out i have gotten more sore throats ( i never used to get a sore throat with a cold just tonsilitis twice a year) i also have seemed to get sick ever since then with reccurent bladder infections and yeast infections. (intercourse is painful) i think my iimmune system is really weak and i don't know if there is a way to test it and see how it is. what could compromise an immune system? being sick has made me extremely depressed also which really does not help. i want to rule out any serious diseases that could cause me to be sick. i am 18 so i don't expect anything like cancer or heart disease. i went to my doctor for the pains in my stomach and bowel problems and he just put me on pariet for acid and said i might have an ulcer and if it doesnt help that he will put the camera down my throat. i just want to make sure all my problems are not related. i also don't know if i should get a flu shot or not or if there is anything that can build up my immune system if it is bad. i am also underweight. thank you
 Dr. Russell M - Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:12 pm

User avatar Hi!

Have you discussed your fears with your doctor? What are your doctor's opinions as to your queries?

bill
 anit - Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:35 pm

well i have seen my doctor about every two weeks ussually with some new symptom. like right now i have pelvic pain that wont go away, and i have no appetite, i have pain in my jaw area like where u would have ur lymphnodes i don't feel bumps there but i do get stinging pain. is there a way to check an immune system. i plan to see my doctor on monday but i don't know what to say to him im scared that he will be annoyed by me and not try to help me....
 Dr. Russell M - Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:11 am

User avatar Hi!

Usually blood tests can determine immune system deficiencies. Asking questions alone helps us understand and for doctors to serve better. If you think a doctor is annoyed by your questions, you can always decide to switch.

bill

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here