Question: Extreme stomach cramps and blood in stool

znatas - Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:28 pm

i can always remember suffering these strange stomach pains. i get woken up by them and have to rush to the toilet and spend about 20mins sweating and in extreme pain untill my stool finaly passes. usually thats the end of the story until maybe the next month then it happens again. but last week i had a serios case of this and it had lasted about 3days of extreme stomach cramps, throwing up and blood in my poo.The pains are still there but not as intense 1 week later. i went to the hospitol but they said i could go home after about 8hrs in there becouse they thought i had gastro or a infection and gave me some Buscopan and sent me on my way (still in extreme pain). but this has been happenng to me all my life and it seems to be getting much worse. My family on both sides has a long history of bow cancer and problems. I drink a fair bit of alcohol but eat allot of meat and veg alltho passed month i have been drinking allot of beer (lots more than useual)
i am 19 years old.
any infomation will be much appreciated, thanks
 ahughes06 - Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:55 am

I have a friend who recently has spent a week in the hospital for these same symptoms. He was diagnosed with collitis and is still in really bad shape, it got to the point where he hasn't been able to eat for about a week now. My advice would be to go to your doctor. No, not in a few days. Go call right now!

|