Question: nausea - really down

little_miss_mortisha - Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:36 am

I posted a couple of weeks ago about how i was feeling unwell. I thought that afetr i had some blood tests they would be able to tell me whats wrong but everything came back clear so they have no idea. I am still feeling very sick, worse in the evenings. i am not eating alot now because i jsut cant face food, it makes me feel worse. Ive lost a dress size worth of weight. I have had severe back pain with this but they don't think that it is related. I have been put on motilium anti sickness tablets and asked to do a food diary. I wondered if you have any clues as to what else it could be? I am at the end of my tether, im so tired and fed up of feeling like this. i really want to feel better for over christmas. I don't know if i can cope with all of this for much longer.

Thanks for listening.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:35 pm

User avatar Hi little_miss_mortisha,
I'm sorry to hear you are still feeling unwell :( Sometimes pain can cause nausea. Considering that your blood work came back clear, has there been any mention of any other testing since you are still having severe back pain and weight loss? I would hope that more investigation would be done to eliminate any other causes. I hope you feel better soon.
 little_miss_mortisha - Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:09 am

they havent mentioned any other tests, mainly they think that it will either go away on its own or it could be to do with something im eating. The pain in my back is funny, i know that i suffer from siatica, but this is different. The pain is also in the top of my right thigh, which really is agony. It comes and goes, with out me doing anything to aggrivate it.

I started taking ginger capsules and they seem to help take off the nausea a bit.

I was wondering if its just generally me being run down? I have a cold now, and what i think is an inflamed gland in my neck, as its very sore. I am just getting sick of going to the drs!!

Thank you for your reply, it means so much to me that someone believes me and is trying to help, i feel like the drs think im a hypercondriac.

Thanks again
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:05 am

User avatar Hi little_miss_mortisha,
Sciatica pain can be unbearable at times. Have the doctors suggested taking an anti-inflammatory to help with this? It can be very effective in decreasing the pain. Swollen, tender, lymph nodes is generally a sign of infection. The lymph system is the bodies filter so to speak, a collecting place. Swollen lymph nodes in the absence of any other anomolies usually decrease in size as the infection clears. They sometimes don't return to normal size though. As for your persistent nausea, if your considering herbs, ginger is definitely useful to decrease it, as well as peppermint, and chamomile tea. I hope you feel better soon :)
 bpine - Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:53 pm

Has anyone ruled out gallstones? I had the same type of symptoms and the doctor did a sonogram on me... 3 days later, they took out my gall-bladder and I felt better w/in 2-3 weeks.
 little_miss_mortisha - Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:56 pm

i don't have tummy pains though - did you? Noone has mentioned that at all, maybe its something i could mention to the doc. Did your nausea come and go as well, like a couple of days its okish then, you feel really awful?

Is the swollen lymph nodes something i should see the dr about?

thank you both so much for your fast replies, i really do appreciate it.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:47 am

User avatar Hi little_miss_mortisha,
The inflammed gland is likely from the cold that you have had and it should decrease in size as the cold resolves. Lymph nodes are your bodies "defense system" to fight off and filter infection. As for gallbladder problems, here is some general information on some of the symptoms of gallbladder dysfunction/disease:
steady, severe pain in the upper abdomen that increases rapidly and lasts from 30 minutes to several hours, pain in the back between the shoulder blades, pain under the right shoulder, nausea or vomiting, abdominal bloating, recurring intolerance of fatty foods, colic, belching, gas, and indigestion etc. If you are experiencing the above symptoms it certainly warrants discussing this with your physician. I hope this is helpful to you :)
 little_miss_mortisha - Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:37 am

thank you very much again for your reply :) I have had some of those symptoms, excess gas, bloating but the pain is in the lower back rather then between the shoulder blades. I am seeing a dr tomorrow, i feel that i need something done so that i can have a relativly stress free christmas!

Thankyou again for your fast reply, and i hope you ahve a very merry xmas!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:42 am

User avatar Hi little_miss_mortisha,
You are very welcome and thank you for using http://www.doctorslounge.com I hope you get well soon and have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :D

|