News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: constant bloating feeling in upper stomach

kevygrl - Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:35 pm

hi,

Im a 21 yr female. in the past 2 days i have experience this constant feeling of fullness in my upper stomach also known has "pit" of the stomach. occasionally i will also get a burning feeling in that same area.. It seems to be worst at night.. usually in the early hrs of the morning and i get nausea.. everytime i eat something i can only eat a little bit because i will fill very full and get a little bit nauseous.. I haven't really been able to sleep because of these constant feelings.. My sleeping habit is a little bad.. Most of the time i wont go to sleep till 4am and wont wake up till 2pm.. My eating habits are horrible to.. usually only eat once a day and its usually greasy fast food.. I havent gone to the doctor yet for these problems.. Please help!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:56 pm

User avatar Hello -

What you're describing could be any number of things, from a simple stomach "bug" to gastritis (and possible gastric ulcer). The bloated feeling often accompanies GI viral infections, and since this has only been going on for a couple days could be due to a virus. It also could be due to your (admittedly) poor diet, mainly in terms of something having "disagreed" with you.

If your complaint doesn't resolve on its own within a few more days then you'll need to be seen by a "live" medical doctor, but first give this a couple days to clear up on its own, since there is every chance it's a stomach virus and may get worse before it gets better, but even so, should run its course in less than a week.

I hope this is helpful to you. Best of luck, and follow up with us as needed.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here