Question: constant bloating feeling in upper stomach

kevygrl - Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:35 pm

hi,

Im a 21 yr female. in the past 2 days i have experience this constant feeling of fullness in my upper stomach also known has "pit" of the stomach. occasionally i will also get a burning feeling in that same area.. It seems to be worst at night.. usually in the early hrs of the morning and i get nausea.. everytime i eat something i can only eat a little bit because i will fill very full and get a little bit nauseous.. I haven't really been able to sleep because of these constant feelings.. My sleeping habit is a little bad.. Most of the time i wont go to sleep till 4am and wont wake up till 2pm.. My eating habits are horrible to.. usually only eat once a day and its usually greasy fast food.. I havent gone to the doctor yet for these problems.. Please help!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:56 pm

What you're describing could be any number of things, from a simple stomach "bug" to gastritis (and possible gastric ulcer). The bloated feeling often accompanies GI viral infections, and since this has only been going on for a couple days could be due to a virus. It also could be due to your (admittedly) poor diet, mainly in terms of something having "disagreed" with you.

If your complaint doesn't resolve on its own within a few more days then you'll need to be seen by a "live" medical doctor, but first give this a couple days to clear up on its own, since there is every chance it's a stomach virus and may get worse before it gets better, but even so, should run its course in less than a week.

I hope this is helpful to you. Best of luck, and follow up with us as needed.

|