"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Question: gallbladder

jeff - Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:24 am

1 1/2 yrs ago I had a gallbladder HIDA scan that showed an ejection fraction of 27%. Since then I have had clay colored stools... to the point now that they are light pale in color.... I have no stones and no pain.... I am just concerned over the color of the stools... is this anything to worry about?

Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:38 am

User avatar Hi jeff,
An ejection fraction of 27% on a HIDA scan is abnormal. Has there been any mention of removal of the gallbladder? As for clay colored stools this is a result of an obstruction of the bile flow out of the gallbladder, liver and pancreas. I would suggest even though you are not having pain etc. that you have a re-evaluation done.