Question: lump , pain and bleeding when whiping anus

dannyboy292 - Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:54 pm

I have recently noticed that when i use the bathroom to pass stool i get a lot of pain abound my opening of my anus and that there is a small lump near my anus and there is blood on the toilet paper when wiping, and there is also what looks to be two little tears on the opening of my anus that have not healed up for over a month. could this bee hemroids or something worse?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:33 pm

User avatar This is almost certainly classic for hemorrhoids. Still, it is an uncomfortable thing at best, and can be pretty disruptive. There are a number of different treatment options depending on the problem. You also appear from the description to have perhaps one or more anal fissures, which often develop subsequent to hemorrhoids, as wiping becomes more complicated.

Most general practitioners are competent to treat these problems, but if yours prefers he could refer you to a proctologist. Treatment is usually pretty simple,so this is unlikey to happen. Meanwhile, try your best to keep the area very clean and dry, just for your own comfort.

Hope this helps. Please follow up here as needed.

|