Question: Is my anal lump a hemorrhoid?

Conkin - Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:30 pm

I am 25 and relatively healthy. Lately, a lump has been appearing, with increasing frequency, near my anus. The lump is about the size and shape of hemorrhoids I have seen in pictures, but is the same color as the surrounding skin. It is extremely painful and makes it very hard to use the bathroom. When it appears, it is generally in the afternoon and it is gone (reabsorbed) by the next morning. I am unsure whether it appears in the same spot each time, but it is at least close. I have a job that is strenuous (landscaping), but have not been able to remember if the lump tends to form after a day of intense labor or not. Does this sound like a hemorrhoid?
 S.WILLIAMS,RN - Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:37 pm

Sounds like a hemorrhoid? yes, can we be sure it's a hemorrhoid without an examination by your doctor? no. Sometimes hemorrhoids can pop out and go back in , but then again so can other growths such as polyps and chondylomas, anal pappilas and other things. So you do need to have an examination by a physician.
Best wishes,

|