News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: large bowel movement

mattvander - Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:05 pm

Hello, my girlfriend has been having extremely large bowel movements lately and we were wondering if there was anything she could take to relieve the size at all. lately, there has been blood in the stool as well which has us very concerned. thank you.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:42 am

User avatar Hi mattvander,
On the occasions that she had the very large bowel movements along with the blood has she had a problem with constipation? Does she go several days without a bowel movement along with them being hard? If this seems to be the case, she should increase her fiber intake, drink recommended amounts or water, to make her more regular. This should decrease the size of the stools and stop the bleeding problem.. However, if this is not the case, considering that she has blood in her bowel movements etc. she should be evaluated to rule out any anomolies.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 njr - Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:53 pm

Hello. I just read your response to Mattvander's question. I have exactly what his girlfriend has however, I go regularly - 4 times is average for me a day. I don't have and pains or dirarrea either, just normal bowel movements but lately they have been very large to where I am really bleeding and it hurts really bad coming out. I can feel it cutting my skin. I do drink lots of water everyday too like you recommended. And anytime I increase my fiber I feel soooo bloated. I know it should be gradual but even gradual make me bloated. ?????
Thank you, Nichol

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here