Question: lower back pain/upper stomache pains

jellybeans11 - Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:33 am

for 6 weeks now ive been having lower back pain/and pain around kidney area,it sort of eases then get bad again throughought the day but can be ecxruciating,had some slight pain in hips and sides,now im getting horribble pain behind my belly button and pains in top of belly and pulsating pains in my back,have chest pain and burping alot..which is unusual for me.
my doc seem to think its IBS and acid reflux problems, i really don't agree with this,i feel unwell,tired can barley eat,had kidneys and ovaries checked on ultrasound but am now worried as aorta wasnt checked..as far as i know. am i right to be worried about aneurysms or not???
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:17 pm

Aneuryms (of abdominal aorta) occur most often in men over 55 years old. Smoking and first degree relative with abdominal aortic aneurym are also risk factors.

It is important to discuss your concerns with your family physician especially if treatment is not helping. Other testing (CT scan, checking stool for blood, urine analysis with microscopy; CBC, electrolyte, liver enzymes, lipase and amylase) may be indicated.

You may also consider a dual diagnosis. Occasionally, a new problem arrives while an old problem exists (for example, a person with gastric reflux or lumbar strain suddenly gets appendicitis attack which is characterized by pain around the belly button migrating toward the right lower abdomen with nausea or vomiting and sometimes fever).

Again, consulting your physician is good.

Let us know how things turn out.
 jellybeans11 - Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:31 pm

hi,thank you for your previous reply. i had to visit the emergancey doc at weekend as i started to have really bad chest pains and short of breath and felt very unwell,by the time i got to the doc it had eased of so he didnt seem concerned,he felt my aorta and said it felt fine,he made me feel i was wasting my time. im still suffering heavy chest with sharp pains,back pain and pains up my spine area,i now cannot sit or ben over without the horrible pains /feelings above my belly button,its makin me feel sick! the only slight relieve i get is from standing,which i obviously cant do all the time !!
any other ideas? i have an app in few days with my gp but do not want to be told this is nothing again!!! would you be able to tell if the aorta was fine just by feeling it?? it really feels as if there is something around my belly button?
 jellybeans11 - Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:28 am

hi,just a quick update,ive been to my gp today but i still feel im getting nowhere and am at the point now i feel embarrassed keep complaining about the same problems!!! i had i thinnk anECG which was fine,she also said if there was an aneurysm[ which is my main concern] she would see it pulsing,so there isnt one, but i can definatly feel something pulsing and when standing i can see it too! but i guess i have to take the gps word on this! shes ordered some blood tests but if these come back fine where do i go from here??? i feel stupid keep going back to the doctors but im sure she doesnt really understand how ill im actually feeling,the back/tummy pains are affecting my every day routines,i feel all thses pains are conected,doctor seem to brush of the back pains,and still goin on with the irritable bowels and indegestion which i don't believe to be right atall.any help would be great ,thank you x
by the way im 31 years old female,ocassional smoker,don't drink atall x

|