News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Basically I'm sick and I don't know if it's serious or not.

Bambi - Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:06 pm

Well, I've got what everyone thinks is a cold. Loose flem, a cough, runny nose, sneezing, and a headache a lot of the time. My back hurts a lot but I know thats because of my scholiosis(curviture of the spine) or however you spell that. But, my concern is how I don't seem to have much of an apatite. I have skipped about 4 meals in a row and its hasent bothered me much. During that timespan I ate a tiny slice of a tangelo. I have lost 3 pounds in about 3 or 4 days. I used to weigh 120lbs and now I'm at 116lbs. I don't know why though. Is this alright or should I see a doctor??? Maybe I just worry way too much... :?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:34 pm

User avatar Dear Bambi,

This sounds like a cold to me as well, are you getting worse, better or still the same?

If you are improving, no need to worry. Getting worse, may be it is time to see a doctor. If you are still the same, you can wait a little bit to see which way this will go.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 Bambi - Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:37 pm

I forgot to mention I got dumped about 4 days ago too. May that have factored in anywhere? Is this whole skipping meals thing not bad? Or when you get colds do you tend to do that?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:43 pm

User avatar Dear Bambi,

Having a cold can make you lose your appetite.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here