Question: typical gallstone symptoms,but no gallbladder!

natalie25 - Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:34 pm

Hello,im desperate for an explanation,three months ago,i had an emergency laporoscopic cholycystectomy,after ERCP and an incision in the duct.i had discomfort in my shoulder,back and stomach for a few weeks after the op,which i assume was irritation from the op.however,just over a week ago,i started to experience those unmistakable sensations,like having been kicked in the stomach and kidneys,also,the shoulder and backpain that i used to get before being crippled in agony with gallstone pain.i am dreading these attacks returning.i don't know if thois is relevent,but i started taking the contraceptive pill just over a week ago.
 S.WILLIAMS,RN - Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:30 pm

natalie,
I'm sorry to hear that your symptoms are returning. You need to get in touch with your Doctor, They'll probably order some scans and you may need another ERCP. When you said they made an incision in the duct did you mean a sphincterotomy? that's where they cut the opening of the duct. It is possible that there is something in there obstructing the duct that they have to get out or even some constriction so that's my advice to you. This is not very uncommon.
Peace,

ps- I don't think bc has anything to do with this
 natalie25 - Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:02 pm

very helpful,thanks.your reply is much appreciated.

|