News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: I feel like something is being pulled from my bones

golfchic68 - Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:41 pm

I am a 40 year old female, and have for the last year at times felt achy and like my bones were being drained, sounds crazy but that's what it feels like. I also have tenderness in my legs mainly over the bones, at times I feel like I can Not control my right arm it spasms, I have restless legs at night and con not sit in one place for very long with out feeling like my body is going to spasm. I have been anemic for most of my life ? Any ideas? I am going to a family doctor in a month but thought maybe anything might help for now.
Thank You
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:07 pm

User avatar Hello --

What you describe sounds as though it could very well be neurological in nature. If it were confined to your legs that would be one thing, but since you also have spasm in your arm, and restless legs, I think a neurological workup would probably be the logical first stop. You might also want to have routine blood work done to be certain you're not anemic again. And while our blood is manufactured in the marrow of our bones, it would be surprising if your only symptom of a problem in that area would be achiness or that strange sensation you describe. Still, certain basic labwork would make sense in addition to the neuro workup. It's obviously difficult to diagnose (and we don't do that here anyway) at a distance, but we can sometimes come up with helpful ideas. I think most of what you describe sounds neurological in origin, although there could be something else going on along with it.

I hope this is helpful. Please follow up with us as needed. Good luck to you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here