News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Freak of Something other than Nature

mscobra26 - Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:36 pm

Please help me....In the last 4 years I was hopitalized for a week because I couldn't urinate or defecate, I have vertigo severely ( so driving is a problem ), I now have issues with vomiting for 3 weeks and diarreah for the last three months. I AM FALLING APART!! They gave me Paxil for the panic attacks while driving and it does no good, the paralysis I had went away a week after going home from the hospital, and the vomiting is persistent as well as diarreah. I have no insurance so it is hard to get good medical attention.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:47 am

User avatar Hello,
What were you diagnosed with 4 years ago? As for the diarrhea and vomiting. This needs to be investigated. Your stools need to be analyzed and if there is an element of infection that should be treated.
Have a look at our vomiting/index.htm" class="postlink">vomiting page and our diarrhea/index.htm" class="postlink">diarrhea page to get some idea on possible causes of your condition.
You should seek medical attention asap as this will ultimately lead to electrolyte imbalance and dehydration if left unattended.
 mscobra26 - Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:53 am

Tamer Fouad, M.D. wrote:Hello,
What were you diagnosed with 4 years ago? As for the diarrhea and vomiting. This needs to be investigated. Your stools need to be analyzed and if there is an element of infection that should be treated.
Have a look at our vomiting/index.htm" class="postlink">vomiting page and our diarrhea/index.htm" class="postlink">diarrhea page to get some idea on possible causes of your condition.
You should seek medical attention asap as this will ultimately lead to electrolyte imbalance and dehydration if left unattended.

I was never diagnosed with anything. The doctors couldn't figure it out. I had a spinal tap twice, 5 MRI's, 2 EEG's, a CAT scan, 2 Neurologists, a Urologist, and after all that they sent me home with a kit to catheterize myself and a clean bill of health. I was back to normal a week later. As for now, I was curious as to what the issue may be.........at first I thought it was the "stomach flu". But, to last this long, now I am worried. I first thought that I was pregnant but I had a period, is it possible to be pregnant and have one anyway. My mother had a period every month for the first 3 months of her pregnancy with my younger brother. I have never in my life experienced this........I am normally extremely healthy.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:00 pm

User avatar I do not want to jump to any conclusions as to what the possible causes can be for chronic diarrhea and vomiting. There are many gastro-intestinal diseases that can cause this. Its enough to say that even if there are no serious causes behind it, it's still very serious to have these complaints for this long. It is usually very rare for viral gastro-enteritis or food poisoning to sustain for more than a month.
 mscobra26 - Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:47 pm

I understand and I want to thank you for your replies on the matter. I am only 31 yrs old and feel like 200 already. I just hope that eventually, my issue can be resolved.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here