News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Burning discomfort in right rib cage

tlee - Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:27 am

For the past few weeks I have had a burning pain in my right rib cage right below the breast.Sometimes feels like it radiates to the side some what.I am scheduled for an ultra sound on the gall bladder.But some of my symptoms sound like it could be that and some don't. The pain really acts up at night when I lay down on my right side especially. I really hate going to sleep lately cause it hurts.Is there other possibilities.I have been constipated off and on lately which is unusual for me,and a little extra burping,sometimes acidy.Thank you for any insight.
 S.WILLIAMS,RN - Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:22 pm

An ultra sound will certainly give your Doctor and Idea if this pain is coming from your gallbladder. That is always a possibility. The fact that the pain is worse when you're on your right side is somewhat unusual, but we are all unique individuals who may present differently. A burning pain can also be the result of gastritis, erosions or ulcers in the stomach or esophogus, especially when it is worse at night.
I hope you get your answers and feel better soon.
Please let us know how you're doing.
Peace,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here