Question: Pain in upper abdomen for around 1year

beaton78 - Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:38 pm

I have been having pain about 3-4 inches above my bellybutton for about a year now. The pain tends to get worse when I lean forward or sit back. I am a 30 year old male I don't smoke or drink very often and my health up until this point has be excellent.

My GP's initial conclusion was that it could be some sort of ulcer and put me on omeprazole but my condition did not improve. I was referred onto a gastreoenterologist who again thought it was a peptic ulcer and gave me lansoprazole and referred me on for an endoscope. This found nothing and no follow up appointment was booked by them as a result. I have been to a food specialist who tested me for any food intolorence but nothing came back a celiac test was also negative, medication for IBS made no diference, accupuncture did not help, neither did digestive tablets or camping salts the pain remains.

I returned to my GP who thought it might be a small hernia or rip in my chest but nothing was there. No kidney or gallstones either.

The pain can feel as if someone has punched me where the pain is and winded me. If i do any physical exercise it feels as tho a hard ball in bouncing up and down in my chest.

Please help as at present I feel like I have hit a wall and can see no light at the end of the tunnel.

Regards
GB
 elmo6 - Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:07 am

I know exactly what you are going through! I have had the same exact pain for nine months and no one knows what it is. When everyone asks what i feels like i say it feels like i was just punched. but it feels like i was just punched over and over again because it lasts for a while. Have you gotten drunk while you've had the pain? I drank a week ago and after 6 days my stomach feeling like i was sick, it stopped and is just back to the punched feeling. Do you take any medicines? I'm on prilosec but it doesnt do anything. the one doctor i went to said it was gerd/hiatal hernia and to avoid spicy food. which doesnt make a diff for me.
 S.WILLIAMS,RN - Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:46 pm

have you had a CAT scan done?
 beaton78 - Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:27 pm

My doctor has peciled me in for a CT scan of my abdomen is that the same as a CAT scan or different?

Regards
GB
 S.WILLIAMS,RN - Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:57 pm

It is the same thing...CT scan is the correct terminology :) Maybe you'll get your answers there. Hang in there. Keep us posted.
 minore - Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:51 pm

I have pain for two years in the upper right side in my abdomen the pain is like burning feeling , pain go down in my belly button and my itestins in the right
side, also this side is sowllen and tender to touch all test are fine but not my liver enzymes the are high ,,,,,also my white cells....these two go down and up...i have done all the test ct scan,and special scan for my gallblader but nothink happen....my liver is enlarged and all the blood work it shows nothink....the pain is worsen special after eating ...i am taking pain medecines all time...i don't know what to do...the ultrasound shows nothink also...and the endoscopy that i had ,shows only gastritis and acid reflex desease........the pain worsen the lost 10 days...and makes also my back to hert in the right side..and my right breast ....i am looking for an answer...

|