News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: excessive eructation

dr_manno - Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:46 pm

hi i have excessive eructation since four months firstly i think it is stress related as i was having my final exams but it is still present till now become related to meals, as it increased become stronger with hungry i also have dry mouth but no hyperventilation thanks
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:39 pm

User avatar Hi there --

I think you seem to have some notion of what's causing this, as you mention hyperventilation. While you may not be hyperventilating, there are other sorts of faulty breathing associated with stress and anxiety, and one is deep sighing with consequent swallowing of air (unwittingly). This is where most of our eructated "gas" comes from anyway, and the more burping we have to do, usually the more air we're swallowing without realizing it. If you're sighing a lot you may not be hyperventilating, but it's similar, and will cause the dry mouth also.

I hope this is helpful to you. Please follow up with us as needed. Good luck to you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here