Question: AcaiPure information

addiesmom - Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Hello! I am a 28yr old female. Who really needs to lose 30-35 pounds. I've tried everything and nothing works. I'm not obese by any means, just not the weight I want to be. I have read about AcaiPure from Dr.Oz. I have always had "bathroom" issues. I can go a week without a bm and then wham have three in one day. I'm always bloated, swollen, hurting, cramping,etc. I thought I'd try the AcaiPure, but I'm still uneasy about it. Does anyone know the side effects? Does it work? Any information would be wonderful!

Thank you!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:48 pm

User avatar Hi there --

There are a couple of pros and cons to be discussed here: first, AcaiPure is relatively safe and harmless. However, it also has no scientific basis for claims of help with weith loss or "cleansing." This makes it a quesionable investment for people who want to lose weight, especially for personal reasons rather than because of health issues. Still, it's legal and apparently safe.

There is another problem, however and this is that the product is sold in a manner which appeals to the essence of many peoples' desire to lose weight: insecurity. The sales pitch includes an "autoship" option, only it's not a true option. The program is worded very deceptively and it will tell you there are only 75 $1.00 trial offers left in its limited-while-available pitch. However, it is always stuck at 75, mysteriously, and so this is a definite deception, the reason for which is buried in fine print, which tells you that if you don't cancel within 20 days, your program will automatically shift into "autoship." This wouldn't be so bad except that they collect all the necessary information to deduct the cost from your bank account monthly, and once this starts it is difficult to make it stop because a) one tends to forget it's even happening, and b) they will run you in circles to achieve the cancellation. By the time most people realize it's not doing what they bought it for they've already sunk a considerable amount into it, and then have a difficult time cancelling the program. So while this is strictly financial/legal, it is a problem and it is typical of hucksters trying to make money out of the self-doubts of people insecure about their weight.

This brings us to your statement that "I'm not obese by any means, just not the weight I want to be" yet want to lose 30-35 lbs, which is a substantial amount for someone who doesn't really need to lose it! You really need to look at your motive for wanting to do this, and if there is a justification for it, then there is only one way to do it right (and it doesn't cost as much and it works): diet and exercise.

I hope you give serious consideration to what I've told you here, and that you will follow up with us as necessary before you make any further decisions regarding weight loss, as I think you are either overreaching in the goal you've set and/or risk being taken by a useless weight loss porgram. Please stay in touch and good luck to you.

|