News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: could it be gallstones

contritebear - Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:31 am

My name is contritebear. I have a burning feeling near breastbone in middle of stomach, i also have heartburn and pain like cramp in upper right and left rib could this be gallstones. the pain is there mainly all the time. i hope someone can help. 8)
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:15 am

User avatar Dear Contritebear,

The pain of gall stones is usually located on the right side of the lower chest (junction of chest and belly) usually 2 hours or so after meals (especially the ones rich in fat).

What you have is most probably acid reflux disease.

Please, try an over the counter anti-acid to see if it helps. If you are taking any pain relievers like ibuprofen, they can cause similar symptoms especially if taken on an empty stomach.

i don't think you need to see your doctor on an emergent basis for this but make sure to mention it during your next appointment.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 contritebear - Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:01 pm

thank you for your answer. i have taken mylanta and it helps the heartburn. once again thanx.

contritebear 8)

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here