Forum Name: Liver Diseases

Question: Tylenol PM overdose 24 hours ago

crazyme - Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:01 pm

I took about 20 tylenol pm's last night and woke up this morning vomiting. After that I went back to sleep and have just been tired and nauseated all day. I ate soup and kept it down. My question is, since I am starting to feel better should I stop worrying about the potential for liver damage. Thanks in advance!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:59 pm

User avatar Hi there --

While the immediate danger would seem to be past, you ought to at least have a liver function blood test just to be certain there's no significant damage done. You might also discuss the circumstances leading up to your decision to do this, but that's a separate issue you may already have addressed. I'm just pretty well bound to give you that advice, and of course would anyway. I hope you'll get checked, though, to be sure all is well with the liver. Sounds like it could have turned out worse, for sure, but is important to know.

Please follow up with us here as needed. Good luck with this and take good care.

|