Question: I.B.S?

getdanwilkinson - Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:43 am

hi I have had the ***** and bad pain in bowels for 3 years now and all docs i talk to say its i.b.s. i have no constapation and it does not matter what i eat yogurt or tacos it all hurts the same its starting to effect my life in every way anyone think it could be somthng else? they all tell me deal with it and act as if i was lieing to them so i stopped going to doctor
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:54 pm

User avatar Dear getdanwilkinson,
Commonly people who have IBS complaints off one or more of the folllowing
Abdominal pain or colic
•A bloated abdomen
•Gaseous distension
•ither Diarrhea or constipation or an alternating between both of them
•Mucus containing stool
The symptoms and signs of IBS are very non specific and shared by many other conditions affecting the GI tract. The diagnosis although made by exclusion of other causes, however abdominal pain and diarrhea or constipation lasting at least 12 weeks is the main criteria for the diagnosis of IBS.
The disease can be easily controlled by simple changes in the lifestyle, diet (avoid any type of diet that initaite or increase the symptoms )and avoiding stress.
if the symptoms are persistent or increasing after all of these measures you must visit your doctor, repeat your investigations to rule out any other causes,

Good luck,

|