Question: Pancreas??

Roses - Tue May 27, 2003 9:22 am

I frequently have gastritis and during a recent check my dr told me that my pancreas may not be working. What does that mean? What will it lead to?
:?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu May 29, 2003 2:33 am

User avatar Dear Roses,
The pancreas does two things: part of it is responsible for the regulation of blood sugar by hormonal control when this part doesnt work it causes diabetes. The other (larger) part is responsible for digestion. I think it would be very unlikely for that part to stop working without loss of blood sugar control.

If you've done any recent tests post them here. Have you done a blood sugar analysis?